This website and app including all services offered hereon (collectively, the "Site"), is owned and operated by EzeeSmart Education Pvt Ltd under the brand HelloClass (collectively, "HelloClass" or "We" )
Information Collected and Received
Installation and Use
When you install and use the HelloClass Apps, HelloClass will collect, process and retain personal information from You and any devices You may use in Your interaction with our Services. This information may include the following: geo-location, Your IP address, device ID or unique identifier, device manufacturer and type, device and hardware settings, ID for advertising, ad data, operating system, operator, IMSI, connection information, screen resolution, usage statistics, device log and event information, version of the HelloClass Apps You use and other information based on Your interaction with our Services. HelloClass may use the information collected from, and in connection with, all of our services to provide, maintain, and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect HelloClass and its users. HelloClass also uses this information to provide you with tailored content, such as search results and advertisements more relevant to You.
Where the User registers a user profile in the HelloClass Apps and via SMS or inbound call verification confirms being the holder of a certain number, the information up-loaded to the profile section of the HelloClass Apps will be received and stored by HelloClass until the User changes or deletes such data or terminates the Services. Compulsory information when creating a profile page is the User’s first name, last name and phone number and additional information that may be provided at the User’s option include, but is not limited to, photo, gender, school, scores in examinations, street address and zip code, country of residence, email address, professional website, Facebook page, Twitter address and a short status message. HelloClass may supplement the information provided or collected with information from third parties and add it to information provided by You. For example, collection and use of demographic information that is publicly available and additional contact information as allowed by applicable national laws.
In addition, You may provide us with Your user identifier information regarding certain third party services, i.e. Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter, necessary for the application to interoperate with such third party services. In that case HelloClass will store and process also that information (and also a mapped photo where applicable), for as long as You use the Services and will not use this information for any other purpose than required in order to obtain interoperability and functionality in relation to such third party services. Please note that we never store any passwords to the mentioned third party services.
Where the HelloClass Apps are obtained from Apple App Store or Google Play, we will only use permitted Contact Information to make our Services more relevant to You and Your engagement with the HelloClass community.
In addition to Contact Information, if You choose to activate use of a third party social network service, such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn or Twitter, within the HelloClass Apps, HelloClass may up-load, store and use the list of identifiers associated with said services linked to the Contact Information in order to enhance the results shared with other Users.
Please note that no other Contact Information than the phone numbers and thereto attached names and email addresses will be received, stored and used from the User’s address book. Other numbers or information that may be contained in your device’s phone book will be filtered away and will therefore not be stored or used by HelloClass. Addresses, passwords and credit card numbers and any other similar information will automatically be prevented from being entered into the HelloClass database by our safety algorithms, that filters any numbers and other information stored in the phone book in a number sequence not compatible with that used for telephone numbers. Please also note that You can always choose not to share Contact Information with HelloClass and if You have shared information and changed Your mind, You can easily delist Your number or opt-out to render your entire Contact Information unavailable for search in the database for Study Group.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
As part of HelloClass we take the following steps to ensure the safety and security of all students accessing online tutoring through HelloClass:
- Online tutors will never have any physical or audible interaction with a student. Online tutoring services are provided only through streaming online chat provided by the HelloClass App.
- All Online tutoring chat sessions are recorded and parents have access to the playback of these sessions for up to six months from the date of recording.
- Online tutors do not have any personal information about the students, including any information that could be used to contact the student either online or offline such as email address, physical address or phone numbers.
- Only students can initiate the online tutoring chat sessions through registration and login from the HelloClass App. Online tutors can not initiate tutor services or otherwise initiate any contact with students.
- Students logging in are assigned an online tutor at random for each online tutoring session. Students are not paired with any specific tutor.
- Online tutors are all trained and follow a defined code of conduct in appropriate online conduct strictly related to the academic tutoring of the student.
- HelloClass conducts spot monitoring of online tutoring to ensure quality and safety. Customer Service is available for any issues or complaints on the quality or nature of the online tutoring.
Use, Sharing and Disclosure of User and Contact Information
Information related to the User or Contact Information will be used to:
- (a) display the name associated with a certain number at a manual number search against the HelloClass database,
- (c) contact You from HelloClass for verification purposes or with information pertaining to the Services, e.g. newsletter e-mails and similar notifications, and verify provided User Profile information with third party providers,
- (d) enable You to use and share Your user information in connection with Your use of third party services,
- (e) customize, maintain, measure, improve our Services and develop new ones,
- (f) personalize, measure and improve our advertising and use geo-location information to provide You with location based information and services (such as more relevant advertising, search results and other personalized content).
Study Group functionality and database
The queries against the HelloClass Study Group database are processed only if a numeric phone number is attributed to the query and only if no results are published by an associated or partnering database of HelloClass. The response given to the queried number will be the associated name to that number, if any name is available.
It is important to notice the following distinctions. As an integrity and security measure, only numeric queries are allowed against the HelloClass database for Study Group, i.e. there will be no result to a name query. Name searches may, however, give result via the Services if a partnering or associated database to HelloClass has numbers available to the name queries. The Users contributing to Study Group can therefore rely on that the Contact Information provided, as a personal integrity precaution, will not enable anyone searching for the number to a certain person direct access to that number. In some cases, Users may, however, use the Services to forward a request to a named person in order to get in touch, please see below about the HelloClass Refer service.
The database may also – via a “social graph” algorithm - be used to show the User what other Users he or she, directly or indirectly, has in common with another User and to suggest other contacts they may have in common. Please note that, if You are presented as a person that the User who made the query may know or as a “similar” person, some of Your profile information entered by you, excluding phone number, will be disclosed to such User.
Your name and telephone number and any other information You choose to submit on Your User Profile will be visible to the person You reach out to when requesting a contact via the HelloClass Refer service. Your request will be forwarded to that person via an SMS or any other sharing platform
Opt-Out and Delist Numbers
If a User chooses to disable the Study Group functionality, the Contact Information made available by that User is disabled and will thereafter not be accessible for queries. If any persons do not wish to have their names and phone numbers made available through the Study Group or Refer functionalities, they can exclude themselves from further queries by notifying HelloClass via its website at www.HelloClass.com or as set forth in the contact details below.
In addition to the above HelloClass may disclose information related to the Users and Contact Information if we believe such action is necessary to:
- (a) comply with the law, or legal process served on us;
- (b) protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements); or
- (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users or members of the public.
HelloClass may share Your personal data with trusted third party service providers and partners. HelloClass will always require these third parties to take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data and traffic data and to observe the relevant legislation.
The following is a description of how HelloClass may share information about You with trusted third party partners:
- 1. HelloClass uses a third party partner company in order to send You or a third party you wish to contact SMS when you use the Services. In order to send you the SMS, we send the third party company Your and the relevant third party’s phone numbers. This third party SMS partner is contractually obligated only to use these phone numbers for the transmission of requested SMS.
- 2. HelloClass may use Push Notification Services to notify you about up-dates and important information. In such cases, Your phone number may be part of the notification. This message is sent to the push notification service provider, for delivery to Your device. You may, however, at any time-opt out or disable push notifications in the HelloClass Apps.
- 4. For the provision of free versions of the Services, HelloClass may also collaborate with a few selected third party advertising networks, which in such case may be provided limited information related to the freemium User’s device (but no other User or Contact Information).
- 5. HelloClass, or a third party on its behalf, may collect and use your email address, telephone number and ID for advertising (including, but not limited to, content viewed by you, content you have commented on and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on) through the HelloClass Apps and share this information with third party advertisers and networks. Such third parties may use this information and information collected from other sources in order to provide measurement services and targeted ads. You can limit or opt-out of the collection and use of Your information for ad targeting by third parties via Your device settings.
HelloClass may from time to time ask you to provide information on your experiences from using the HelloClass Services, which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any of such data. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback forms or any surveys that You accept to take part in is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the HelloClass software, products and websites.
Cookies and Automatically Collected Information
HelloClass servers may automatically collect data about Your Internet address when You use the HelloClass Services. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or “IP Address”, is a number that is automatically assigned to Your computer or other device by Your Internet service provider whenever You are on the Internet. When You request pages from the Services, our servers may log Your IP Address and, if applicable, Your domain name. Your IP Address is used to help identify You and to gather demographic information about our Users as a whole. HelloClass’s servers may also record the referring page that linked you to HelloClass (e.g. another web site or a search engine); the pages You visit on the Services; the web site you visit after HelloClass’s web site; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms You have entered on this web site or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by HelloClass’s servers. HelloClass uses this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with servers, and to administer our Services. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider.
Corresponding data may be collected and used for the same purposes when You enable and use the “search the web” functionality within the HelloClass Apps.
Accuracy of Collected Information
HelloClass may on its own initiative, or at your request, replenish, rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated information retained by HelloClass in connection with the operation of the Services. You have always the right to know what information is stored about You and have any data corrected or deleted on Your request, which should be submitted in accordance with our contact details below.
The accuracy and security of information concerning the Users and their contacts are HelloClass’s highest priority and they are free to opt-in or opt-out of the Services at any time. You can delist Your telephone number from the HelloClass database via a request directly on the HelloClass website and if You choose to disable the Study Group functionality or the HelloClass Apps itself, all Contact Information will be made unavailable for search in the HelloClass database.
HelloClass Services are not intended for or designed to attract anyone under the age of 13 and HelloClass does not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information in the Services from anyone under that age. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without parental permission.
164, 2nd Floor, Amar Jyothi Layout, Intermediate, 100 Feet Rd, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560071
You can also send your enquiries via email to support@HelloClass.com.
We are in the business of providing supplementary education to students in the K-12 space in India. We are building an education platform to provide home tutoring, online tutoring, curriculum based assessments, worksheets, and content that are based on highly personalized learning experience.